This resource area contains the documents, resources and information your Local Authority will need to develop and deploy the most impactful model.
Planning your programme
Please click on the buttons below to access the following resources.
- Example project plan: to support effective planning for all circumstances
- Guidance on running children’s activity during Covid-19 (supplied by CAP)
- Guidance on running socially distanced sports (supplied by the Greater London Authority)
We have also included a very useful outline from our friends at StreetGames on why Sport and Physical Activity is such an important part of HAF.
HAF Expert Advisory Session – Sport & Physical Activity
Supporting local community organisations to incorporate and sustain high-quality community sport and physical activity as part of their HAF programme, with a particular focus on engaging and supporting older teenagers.
With thanks to Jack Barber, Community Development Manager at StreetGames UK Ltd for this presentation.
Delivery hub toolkits
Below, you will find a range of our Kitchen Social resources to support hubs to run holiday provision. Please use these as examples only.
- Example project management handbook: to support hubs to set up a programme
- Recipe book for hubs: to support cooking together
- Volunteer chef handbook: to support volunteer cooking in hubs
- Volunteer handbook: to support recruiting, training and retaining volunteers
Bitsize session: Stigma
A bitesize session for local authorities on how to avoid all aspects of stigma when designing, communicating and delivering inclusive holiday programmes for children and young people.
Delivered on behalf of our Kitchen Social programme and hosted by the Department for Education.
To download a copy of the slides, please click below.
HAF Expert Advisory Session – Food Nutrition
Supporting children and families in adopting healthier diets, especially during holiday periods.
With thanks to Annabelle O’Toole, Sophie Medlin and Jenny Rosborough from BDA (The Association of UK Dieticians) for this presentation.