We are an independent pan-London charity championing opportunities for young Londoners from low income backgrounds.
We use our campaigning, convening and galvanising power to make the case for investment in opportunities for young Londoners from low income backgrounds.
We support business, funders and others to understand and take the actions that have the most impact on young Londoner’s life chances, and bring together partnerships and funding to back innovative ideas and to take promising initiatives to scale.
Our efforts are focused on three key areas:
- Wellbeing: supporting children to be happy, healthy and motivated to learn
- Skills: helping young Londoners to stay on track at school
- Employment and enterprise: increasing awareness of opportunities, preparing young people for employment and giving them better access to employers
We are on track to support over 40,000 young Londoners aged 4-24 across all 33 boroughs each year.
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is our patron.
What we do
We work with young Londoners aged 4-24 years, with a focus on those from low income households who are in crisis or who are from vulnerable groups and target our interventions in schools and communities in areas of economic disadvantage.
Theory of change
Underpinning both our campaigning and programme activities is our Theory of Change.
This identifies four key outcomes to improve the life-chances of young people:
Ability to maximise full potential and achieve a sustainable career
Aspiration to make the most of the potential that London has to offer
Awareness of opportunities in London and how to take advantage of them
Access to the opportunities that London has to provide
Our values allow us to meet our mission to enhance the lives of children and young people, giving them the best chance to fulfil their potential.
- We advocate and champion young people in London
- We are passionate about empowering young people
- We are creative and ambitious change makers
- We trust our team to get the job done
- We convene and collaborate to drive social mobility
Our added value
As the Mayor’s Fund for London, we realise that we have a unique position which enables us to bring together key stakeholders from the public, private and third sectors, including young people themselves. In particular, we:
- Contribute to the Mayoral priority of social integration;
- Consider and identify the challenges faced by young Londoners in all 33 boroughs;
- Create and support solutions, evaluate impact, scale success and share best practice
All our programmes are pan-London:
- Count On Us Secondary Challenge
- Creativity Works
- Count on Us Primary Challenge
- Kitchen Social
- Access Aspiration
Since 2008, we estimate that we have invested over £20m in local communities and directly supported over 200,000 children and young people across all 33 London boroughs.